Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition is security software that protects networked laptops, desktops, and servers ("endpoints"). It defends against viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, adware, rootkits, and threats not seen before ("zero-day attacks"). This product is most suitable for organisations with between 5 and 100 endpoints.
This donation provides a one-year subscription for use of the product on a single endpoint. The subscription includes protection updates and new product features.
Note:You cannot install the Endpoint Protection agent on Mac endpoints. However, you can use the cloud console to install Norton Security for Mac on these computers.
Benefits for Organisations
If you have network administration experience, you can use Symantec Endpoint Protection to:
- Centrally manage protection for all the endpoints in your organisation's network
- Manage endpoints from anywhere and minimize maintenance costs through cloud-based management rather than installing software locally on a management server
Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition incorporates many of the technologies of the standard Endpoint Protection application, all manageable through a single console:
- Cloud-based management:Network administrators manage endpoint protection through a web browser using a cloud management service.
- Antivirus and antispyware: Endpoint Protection scans for both viruses and security risks.
- Desktop firewall: The firewall prevents unauthorized users from accessing the computers and the networks that connect to the Internet.
- Intrusion prevention: The intrusion prevention system (IPS) acts as a second layer of network defense after the firewall.
- Proactive threat scanning: This scan analyzes the behavior of an application or process to determine if it exhibits characteristics of threats.
The Small Business Edition does not include device control or application control technologies, which are more suited to larger organisations.
Support, Renewals, and Upgrades
This product is identical to the version sold through the Symantec website and includes the standard support, renewal, and upgrade options available with retail products.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Expect three emails. When TechSoup approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organization email address with preliminary information about obtaining this product.
Shortly after, Symantec will send two emails. One of the emails will include the serial number that you need to download and install your product.